The primary function of this position is to assist in providing nutritious meals in an efficient, sanitary, and conscientious manner while maintaining a safe and clean environment.
1. Prepare sack lunches, salad bar, snacks and fruit bowls for lunch
2. Assist the Cook with meal preparation
3. Stocking supplies
4. Participate in Center-wide Quality Management system as needed.
5. Provide customer service to internal/external clients.
6. Comply with all TGC required trainings.
7. Willingness to learn.
8. Complete Sanitation/Cleaning chores as assigned.
10. Other duties as assigned.
· Current food handlers certification or ability to acquire within 30 days of hire.
· Must possess or be able to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Manual dexterity for operating cutting tools and kitchen utensils
· Stamina to work long hours on feet
· Solid listening skills
· Ability to work over hot stoves
· Experience in a professional kitchen setting
· Ability to read and write
· Food Prep experience in medical care setting
· Knowledge of pertinent food service regulations
· Able to correctly use and read temperature thermometer
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
The physical demands of this position warrant: Medium Work; Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.