The Guidance Center is a not-for-profit Community Mental Health Center with locations serving Flagstaff, Williams, and surrounding Northern Arizona communities. We provide a full range of services, which include everything from general mental health counseling for everyday stressors, to our inpatient psychiatric hospital for acute psychiatric emergencies. We provide care to all ages, from birth and up. Our Birth-5 team specializes in infant development and bonding. Case managers, therapists, program supports and peer supports work together to provide individualized care to children, families and adults.
1. Leads and maintains inpatient and/or outpatient interdisciplinary treatment teams, as assigned, and coordinates with all team, family, medical practitioners, and other involved community agencies by participating in and reviewing treatment plans and progress; and by consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
2. Performs inpatient and outpatient (as assigned) initial and ongoing psychiatric evaluation and management services by interviewing member, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations, medical history, orders; prescribing medications as appropriate; obtaining informed consent; formulating overall assessment and diagnoses; and completing accurate and thorough documentation as per policy.
3. Treats members by utilizing evidence based practices and best practices including psychotherapeutic practices and medications; discussing progress toward goals with members; providing instructions to members and families; monitoring effects of medications; and supervising staff in the provision of services as per the treatment plan, including progress towards goals and reassessments to achieve those goals.
4. Participates in on-call coverage with other medical practitioners, as assigned.
5. Performs Title 36 (Involuntary) pre-petition screening, assessments, hospitalization admissions and court testimony, as assigned.
6. Enhances Medical Staff department's and The Guidance Center's reputation and community value by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and providing excellent, responsive and welcoming customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
7. Assures high quality and safe services for members and staff by enforcing and adhering to policies, procedures, standards, rules, The Joint Commission requirements, and legal regulations; by participating in utilization and quality reviews; by utilizing a trauma-informed perspective and by availability for emergency consultations.
8. Improves staff competence by providing clinical leadership, training and discussions regarding evidence-base practices/best practices on wellness, and psychiatric and physical health care.
9. Participates in new initiatives such as integrated care, program enhancements, wellness programs, grants, community outreach, etc.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MD/DO from an accredited medical school and completion of residency program in General Psychiatry
Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Psychiatry and/or Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Current and valid Arizona MD/DO license with no restrictions
Possession of a current DEA license, including a buprenorphine waiver (may be completed post-hire)
Ability to complete privileging by TGC and all contracted health plans
Strong computer and electronic medical record
Ability to complete concurrent documentation in order to minimize after-hours
Valid Driver License with No Restrictions
Must possess or be able to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Minimum age 21 years old
Possess Critical Thinking Skills, Active Listening and Learning Skills, Learning Strategies Skills
Willingness to Learn
Board Certification in Adult and/or Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
The physical demands of this position warrant: Medium Work; Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The Guidance Center is pleased to offer competitive and comprehensive benefit packages. Packages vary depending on employment status. Benefits include but are not limited to:
Health, Dental, Vision
Company provided Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Shift Differential for specific positions
Employee Referral Bonus
License/Certification renewal reimbursement
*The Guidance Center is an “At-Will” and equal opportunity employer.