The main function of this position is to perform routine housekeeping duties in assigned areas to maintain a clean, safe, environment. This position requires some weekend work and evening hours and involves travel to and from multiple facilities.
1. Clean and sanitize inpatients rooms, offices, and support areas.
2. Collect and transport trash from collection points to pickup area.
3. Audit and refill dispensers on a daily basis.
4. Observe and report the need for repairs to furniture and building to Facilities Manager.
5. Maintain working knowledge of chemical SDS's to ensure proper handling and usage.
6. Set up conference rooms for meetings.
7. Provide top quality service to internal and external customers.
8. Perform special projects as assigned.
9. The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
10. Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes of the Clinic.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
1-year housekeeping experience in an office environment, healthcare field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must be able to see, hear, and communicate fluently in English.
Ability to identify cleaning needs and not overlook details.
Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
Able to effectively employ analytical and problem-solving skills.
Able to stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift, push, and pull 30 pounds or more.
Ability to work in an environment with mentally and physically challenged clients.
Able to handle emotional and stressful situations in a calm, non-defensive, supportive attitude during crisis and potential crisis situations.
Basic knowledge of office equipment and computers or ability to learn.
Ability to operate cleaning equipment.
Work in an air-conditioned and/or heated office setting.
May require long or irregular hours.
Exposure to the risk of infectious diseases.