The primary function of this position is to provide medication services, education and behavioral health nursing services to Members. Acts as liaison between Members and providers facilitate client care as ordered by the provider.
PRN employees must work at least 2 shifts per month and must accept at least 2 out of every 5 shifts offered.
1. Monitor medication compliance/action/side effects on Members as ordered by the provider; coordinate with the provider updating of prescriptions referred for further research by pharmacy.
2. Administer medications as prescribed.
3. Monitor vital signs
4. Input notes in HER
5. Provide safety and care to children, adolescents and adults while visiting clinic and on the psychiatric acute care unit.
6. Compliant with all agency required training.
7. Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
8. Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic.
9. Work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
10. Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
11. Perform TB testing for employees, .
12. Report to provider all behavioral changes and physical changes during interaction with members. Document that information was staffed with appropriate care provider or RN.
13. For Members on Clozaril, act as a liaison between HCA, REMs and the Member.
14. Perform LPN scope of practice work as ordered by the provider.
15. Complete PCP coordination when a medical condition and/or major medication change is ordered. Maintain records of that PCP coordination. AEB Chart audit
16. Order and maintain supplies.
Current and valid Arizona Board of Licensed Practical Nursing license
Must be at least 21 years of age
Possess or able to obtain an Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
Must be CPR Certified before providing services
1-3 years experience in Psychiatric Health Nursing
Venipuncture Experience (for routine lab draws)
Accommodation(s)TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.