The primary function of this position is to assure timely and accurate billing and payment posting for all payers.
1. Maintains strict client confidentiality at all times.
2. Coordinating reimbursement activities with payers.
3. Ensure billings submitted to third party electronically and paper in a timely manner.
4. Billing, posting and working A/R for Medicare A and B claims.
5. Assist with claim denials/non-enrollments as needed.
6. Continuous monitoring and re-working of denied claims.
7. Review and work accounts receivable aging reports and workbooks to follow up on items of concern.
8. Match EOB/HCFA for insurance files.
9. Stay in communication with the Billing Coordinator on all collection issues.
10. Follow and update job aids for tasks assigned.
11. Work closely with providers and intake staff to promote continual improvement in the accuracy and efficiency of billing workflow.
12. Provide top quality service to internal and external customers.
13. Willingness to learn.
14. Other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or GED
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
2 years medical billing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Basic knowledge of office equipment and computers
Ability to use 10-key keypad
Basic math skills
Ability to effectively employ analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to meet several sometimes conflicting deadlines
Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD10 codes
Knowledge of HCFA, UB04, 837P and 837I forms
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
The physical demands of this position warrant: Sedentary Work Occasionally lifting up to 10 pounds. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.