The Guidance Center is a not-for-profit Community Mental Health Center with locations serving Flagstaff, Williams, and surrounding Northern Arizona communities. We provide a full range of services, which include everything from general mental health counseling for everyday stressors, to our inpatient psychiatric hospital for acute psychiatric emergencies. We provide care to all ages, from birth and up. Our Birth-5 team specializes in infant development and bonding. Case managers, therapists, program supports and peer supports work together to provide individualized care to children, families and adults.
Provide general psychiatric services to children and adults in an inpatient/outpatient setting.
1. Heads treatment teams and coordinate with all team, family, and other involved community agencies
2. Performs psychiatric evaluations, routine and emergent.
3. Prescribes medications and perform medication management.
4. Maintains after hour on-call crisis coverage with other psychiatrists.
5. Performs Title 36 (Involuntary) assessment, hospitalization admission and court testimony.
6. Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
7. Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic.
8. Ability to analyze and assist in resolving clinic issues.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Willingness to learn.
Performs PAC ongoing treatment and discharge.
MD/DO trained in General Psychiatry, 4 years (verified).
Fulfillment of required 20 hours CME per year (on file).
Current Arizona MD license.
Possession of a current DEA
Satisfactory completion of 4 year general psychiatry residency program.
Ability to complete privileging by TGC.
Current Driver License.
Ability to obtain Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Must be 21 years of age
Possess Critical Thinking Skills, Active Listening and Learning Skills, Learning strategies skills.
Board eligible in Child Psychiatry.
Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
The physical demands of this position warrant: Medium Work; Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The Guidance Center is pleased to offer competitive and comprehensive benefit packages. Packages vary depending on employment status. Benefits include but are not limited to:
Health, Dental, Vision
Company provided Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Shift Differential for specific positions
Employee Referral Bonus
License/Certification renewal reimbursement
*The Guidance Center is an "At-Will" and equal opportunity employer.