Provides psychiatric evaluation and management services for children and/or adults in an inpatient and/or outpatient setting with the direction and in collaboration with the psychiatrists and primary care providers
1. Leads and maintains inpatient and/or outpatient interdisciplinary treatment teams, as assigned, and coordinates with all team, family, medical practitioners, and other involved community agencies by participating in and reviewing treatment plans and progress; and by consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
2. Performs inpatient and outpatient (as assigned) initial and ongoing psychiatric evaluation and management services by interviewing member, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations, medical history, orders; prescribing medications as appropriate; obtaining informed consent; formulating overall assessment and diagnoses; and completing accurate and thorough documentation as per policy.
3. Treats members by utilizing evidence based practices and best practices including psychotherapeutic practices and medications; by discussing progress toward goals with members; by providing instructions to members and families; by monitoring effects of medications; and by supervising clinical staff in the provision of services as per the treatment plan, including progress towards goals and reassessments to achieve those goals.
4. Refers members to a physician or another health care provider if the referral will protect the health and welfare of the member and consults with a physician and other health care providers if a situation or condition occurs in a member that is beyond knowledge and experience as per ARS R4-19-508.
5. Participates in after hour on-call crisis coverage with other medical practitioners, as assigned.
6. Enhances Medical Staff department's and The Guidance Center's reputation and community value by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and providing excellent, responsive and welcoming customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders.
7. Assures high quality and safe services for members and staff by enforcing and adhering to policies, procedures, standards, rules, The Joint Commission requirements, and legal regulations; by participating in utilization and quality reviews; by utilizing a trauma-informed perspective and by availability for emergency consultations.
8. Participates in new initiatives such as integrated care, program enhancements, wellness programs, grants, community outreach, etc.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful completion of an accredited Advanced Practice Registered Nursing Education Program (ARNP) with focus in psychiatric population
Current Advanced Practice Registered Nursing Certification with a psychiatric population focus, ongoing training & licensure requirements according to state & federal law
Current DEA license, including a buprenorphine waiver (may be completed post-hire)
3 or more years of professional nursing experience preferred
Ability to complete credentialing and privileging by TGC and all contracted health plans
Strong computer and electronic medical record skills
Ability to complete concurrent documentation in order to minimize after-hours work
Possess critical thinking skills, active listening and learning skills
Willingness to continue learning
Ability to obtain Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
At least 21 years of age or older.
Valid AZ driver's license.
Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions. The physical demands of this position warrant: Sedentary Work Occasionally lifting up to 10 pounds. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.