The primary function of this position is to provide nutritious meals in an efficient, sanitary, and conscientious manner while maintaining a safe and clean environment. The Cook II position will act as a lead and be able to use and share his/her knowledge for the betterment of the kitchen. This position requires an individual with leadership traits and an ability to create and implement better standards for the kitchen, while ensuring food safety standards are met by all kitchen employees. Other duties include working with the kitchen manager to come up with different recipes and standardizations, prepare and promote weekly employee meals, and supervise and instruct cooks and dietary aids, as needed.
1. Preparing, cooking, and serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with high standards for quality and presentation.
2. Assistance of the daily activity of cooks and dietary aids, offering instruction as needed.
3. Ensure adherence to all food safety standards including but not limited to; Proper labeling techniques, shelving, stock rotation, proper cooling methods, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, utensils, and all kitchen surfaces.
4. Opening and Closing duties that include setting up and cleaning the dining room area, including the breakdown of the salad bar, drink machines, and any additional equipment.
5. Implementing creative options for clients with individual dietary restrictions, with food cost and labor in mind.
6. Offering insight and advice for menu planning and weekly specials, employee events and other TGC related caterings.
7. Assists with the best practice techniques of storing, cooling, and heating food that limits product waste and quality reduction.
8. Communicate effectively and efficiently with all staff, including those from other departments to improve daily operations and ensure client satisfaction.
9. Assist with the receiving of orders in an efficient manner, while being flexible on delivery times.
10. Complete all TGC required trainings as required.
11. Other duties as assigned.
HS Diploma or GED.
Current food management certification or obtainable within 30 days of hire.
Must possess or be able to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Ability to read and write.
Able to correctly use and read temperature thermometer.
Ability to obtain Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
At least 21 years of age or older.
Valid AZ driver's license.
Two years of experience in kitchen.
Two years of experience in institution kitchen.
Cooking experience in medical care setting.
Knowledge of pertinent food service regulations
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions. The physical demands of this position warrant: Sedentary Work Occasionally lifting up to 10 pounds. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.